Chrysalis Tribal Jewelry

Rustic Tribal Primitive

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Back By Popular Demand


I willingly admit to being among the introverts of the jewelry designing arena. One of the most difficult things to do if you're an introvert is promote yourself. I have tried to find a way to promote my jewelry without promoting myself but it just can't be done. People are curious about the person behind the designs. They ask me "How does a mature blonde haired woman (obviously of northern European decent) decide to design truly tribal jewelry? The only answer that I have is that I have always loved ethnic art and clothing, and this feels like a very natural extension of my early tribal infatuation. Tribal is the style that best expresses who I am on the inside.

Now add to being an introvert my reluctance to become a full fledged computer nerd. Rarely, am I able to sit down and read detailed instructions and then construct a digital something "by the numbers". It goes against my grain. This character flaw does however result in lots of trial and error, and occasionally in missed opportunities. A very good friend recently pointed out to me that some pieces that I pinned on Pinterest were still being re-pinned frequently. She was asking me if I noticed the numbers, and frankly I had to say "no". So this board on Pinterest, entitled "Sold, But Not Forgotten", is the start of my effort to keep on top of these cyber indicators and put them to good use. Thank you, Norbel, for giving me the heads up on this!

Blue Krobo Bead Bracelet

I have had so many requests to repeat many of these pieces. So, depending on response from customers, I will revisit some of these designs. My plan is to do variations on some of your favorites. You will notice that the above photo is a variation of the bracelet included in the collage. Slight differences, but the same basic components and the same tribal character. I would truly appreciate feedback from anyone with ideas or requests related to this post.


Gloria Ewing



Chrysalis Too on Etsy

4 comments:

  1. I love your aesthetic! Consistently beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz-Anna, for you kind comment. I try to keep it evolving and fresh for loyal customers and for those who might be seeing it for the first time.

      Delete
  2. Gloria, I totally "get" your lack of desire to promote yourself; we are two peas in a pod in that way. But I am continuously blown away by the depth and beauty of your work, and it is with only that in mind that I long for your work to be seen by many more who appreciate and enjoy some of the very best that Handcrafted Artisan Jewelry has to offer. BTW. . . love that bottom left bracelet; it regularly graces my wrist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Norbel, I think we are two peas in a pod. I will make more of an effort to stay on top of the promotion element instead of letting it go for months at a time. You have given me a lot of valuable suggestions. Thank you so much for caring enough to do that.

      Delete